For optimum reproduction quality, your materials should be sent according to our specifications.
- PDF/X-1a files required for all ads—view specifications
- Fonts embedded
- All colors must be converted to CMYK
- Convert all images/logos to CMYK
- Do not include crop or trim marks
- Only 1 ad per PDF document (submit spreads as single-page files, indicating right-hand page [RHP] and left-hand page [LHP] in file names)
- Fractional page ad document: size must be set to actual ad size; use a border rule. ASHA does not float ads
- Use QuarkXPress or Adobe InDesign for ad layouts. Do not send native files. Ads should be exported as PDF/X-1a format (see above)
- Photoshop: Select 300 dpi CMYK or grayscale, 600 dpi minimum bitmap, flattened layers, .jpeg, .tif or .eps format, binary encoding (no extra channels)
- Illustrator: Convert all fonts to outlines, flatten transparencies; embed all elements (no links). Save as EPS or AI.
- All fonts must be Postscript Type 1 or OpenType (Multiple Master Fonts are strongly discouraged). Fonts should be embedded into PDF/X1a files
- All graphics and photo placed into layout must be 300 dpi at final size
- All colors must be CMYK; no PMS/Pantone colors or Lab color
- Black Text 12 pt. or smaller must be black only (C=0%, M=0%, Y=0%, K=100%)
- Ink density must not to exceed 300%
- Text should not go beyond .25″ inside trim on all sides
- All full page ads with bleeds have a safety margin of .125″ on all sides from trim
Unacceptable File Types
- Do not submit ad layout in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe PageMaker, or Freehand files
- Text for ad creation may be submitted in Word
If you need assistance with ad creation, contact your sales rep.
- A color laser proof is recommended. Publisher cannot be held responsible for the final outcome of ad/color on press if the appropriate proof is not provides
- Failure to follow these guidelines may require additional time and cost and/or sacrifice reproduction quality. The publisher is not responsible for the final reproductive quality of any materials provided that do not meet specifications
- All advertising is subject to approval. ASHA reserves the right to refuse, reject, or cancel any ad for any reason at any time without liability
All advertising is subject to approval. ASHA reserves the right to refuse, reject, or cancel any ad for any reason at any time without liability.