A biweekly podcast focused on the issues that matter in the speech-language-hearing world, ASHA Voices is the sound of ASHA. Aimed at a diverse segment of ASHA’s audience and membership, ASHA Voices promotes interdisciplinary conversation among prominent and knowledgeable professionals.
ASHA Voices is a quick-moving program with a conversational tone, which features panel discussions, one-on-one interviews, and opportunities for member participation. You’ll hear:
- Host-read copy that delivers messages with a personal tone
- Easily accessible digital content available anywhere and everywhere you go
- Industry developments and best practices
Check out episodes of ASHA Voices.
- Promoted to 204,000 ASHA members, students, and affiliates
- Subscribers: contact your sales rep for the most current information
- Average number of listeners per episode: contact your sales rep for the most current information
- Episodes per year: 24
- Three announcer-read advertisements
- One 15-second Pre-Roll message within the first two minutes of the episode
- One 30-second Mid-Roll message
- One 15-second Post-Roll message within last two minutes of episode
- Supported by advertiser mention in the ASHA Now e-newsletter and Leader Live blog post as a part of the podcast promotion
- Banner ad on ASHA.org promoting your podcast episode featuring your logo (minimum 20,000 impressions; valued at $400)
|Broadcast Date||Episode Number||Editorial Focus||Space Deadline||Copy Deadline|
|March 12||2005||Burnout||February 13||February 20|
|March 26||2006||Hearing Disorders in Childhood||February 27||March 5|
|April 9||2007||Autism||March 12||March 19|
|April 23||2008||TBD||March 26||April 2|
|May 7||2009||Noise||April 9||April 16|
|May 21||2010||Sports||April 23||April 30|
|June 4||2011||ASHA Connect Preview||May 7||May 14|
|June 18||2012||PDPM Check-in||May 21||May 28|
|July 2||2013||A Look Back||June 4||June 11|
Editorial calendar subject to change without notice.
- Pre-Roll Ad: 35 words = 15 seconds
- Tell our audience who you are, what you do, and where to learn more.
- Mid-Roll Ad: 70 words = 30 seconds
- Tell our audience who you are, what you do, highlight a service or product, and let the audience know where to learn more.
- Post-Roll Ad: 35 words = 15 seconds
- Remind our audience who you are, what you do, and where to learn more.
- Note: In acronyms, each letter counts as a word unless the acronym can be pronounced as one word.
Make the most of your podcast package. Here are some suggestions for what makes good radio copy:
- Short and direct sentences are the most effective.
- Painting a picture or describing a scene works better than sharing a list.
- Put your product, service, or company in context early. You may be reaching someone new.
- Read your copy out loud before submission.
- Include a short track-able URL like XYZ.com/voices