The ASHA Leader is ASHA’s official news magazine. The monthly publication is a trusted news source for readers and a valued member benefit, delivering award-winning content:
- Cutting-edge research advances
- In-depth clinical and research features on treatment approaches, professional issues, and specific communication disorders
- Professional tips, tools, and resources for readers to do their jobs
- Explanations of how health care and education trends affect their practices
- Members’ accomplishments
Advertising in The ASHA Leader connects you with the largest audience of customers and job-seekers in the speech, language, and audiology markets. It is a resource that professionals turn to find products, CE programs, and employment. Book your ad space today and start growing your business.
The ASHA Leader: Evolving to Enhance Your Digital Experience
As more professionals consume information digitally and on the go, The ASHA Leader is making some changes to improve the experience. We want to provide industry professionals the most relevant, up-to-date, high-quality content. Starting 2020, ASHA will post articles continuously, throughout the week, on a redesigned ASHA Leader Live. As a part of this evolution, the print edition is shifting from 12 to 10 issues a year. The publishing schedule for the 10 issues will be January/February, March, April, May, June/July, August, September, November, and December. Check out the new print deadlines and editorial planned for 2020 below, along with digital ad options. (Download the 2020 The ASHA Leader rate card [PDF].)
- After word of mouth, The ASHA Leader is the #1 way ASHA professionals find out about new products1
- 73% of ASHA professionals searching for continuing education opportunities consider advertisements in ASHA Leader as important2
- 86% of members in academics indicate that the The ASHA Leader would be important in their job search if they were changing jobs today2
- 67% of job seekers consider The ASHA Leader an important resource2
- 198,000+ audiologists; speech-language pathologists; speech, language, and hearing scientists; CSD students; and other subscribers
Rates and Sizes
- 2019 advertising rates and sizes (including job listings)
- 2020 advertising rates and sizes (including job listings)
|Issue||Mail Date||Editorial Focus||Space Deadline*||Art Deadline|
|January/February||January 7||African-American English (AAE)||December 2||December 5|
|March||February 13||Early Intervention||January 17||January 21|
|April||March 12||Autism (Awareness Month)||February 14||February 18|
|May||April 15||Noisy World and Hearing Damage||March 20||March 24|
|June/July||May 28||Skilled Nursing Facilities||May 1||May 5|
|August||July 16||Back-to-School||June 19||June 23|
|September||August 13||ASHA Convention Preview||July 17||July 21|
|October||September 17||Education and Training in CSD||August 21||August 25|
|November||October 15||Dysphagia Debates||September 18||September 22|
|December||November 12||Childhood Apraxia of Speech||October 16||October 20|
*Sometimes, space for job listings is still available after the space deadline date. Contact us to see if we can make room for your ad. You may always advertise on the ASHA Career Portal if you have missed the deadline.
The editorial calendar is subject to change without notice.
For optimum reproduction quality, your materials should be sent according to our specifications.
1 Lewis and Clark, ASHA Lifestyle Survey (2015)
2 ASHA Readership Survey (2017)